We take every child’s safety seriously as they arrive and depart from our campus each day. We need your support to ensure that we can accomplish this goal. Parents please encourage students to follow bus safety rules at all times. We have dedicated bus drivers that make bus safety a priority by enforcing the bus safety rules. Please note the following expectations:
- Students are not allowed to ride a bus that they are not assigned.
- Students are not allowed to get on or off their bus at an undesignated stop. Any changes in the pick up or drop off location must be approved by the transportation department. Undesignated entrances or exits could result in a bus referral.
- No food or drink is allowed.
- Students should not be standing while the bus is in motion.
- Students should be respectful and receptive to our bus drivers and follow instructions.
- All school rules are applicable to students on the school bus and at the school bus stop and should be followed accordingly.
Failure to follow the bus expectations could result in consequences that could include suspension from the school bus. Please familiarize yourself with our school handbook which states bus behavior expectations and safety requirements for all students.
Contacts for the transportation department can be found:
New Hanover County Transportation Website
Holly Shelter Middle School Bus Routes: Bus Routes 2018-2019
Please review bus safety tips at http://www.nhcs.net/transportation/Site Pages/safety.htm
Please feel free to contact us with questions or concerns.